PLEASE NOTE THAT IF A HOLIDAY FALLS ON YOUR SCHEDULED COLLECTION DAY, THAT NO GARBAGE WILL BE COLLECTED. THE DATES LISTED WILL HAVE NO GARBAGE COLLECTION
New Year’s Day observed..………Jan. 1
Martin Luther King Day………….Jan. 21
President’s Day…………………..Feb. 18
Good Friday……………………..Mar. 29
Memorial Day……………….…...May 27
Independence Day…………….…July 4
Labor Day…………….…………Sept. 2
Columbus Day…………………..Oct. 14
Election Day……………….……Nov. 5
Veterans’ Day observed…………Nov. 11
Thanksgiving Day…….…………Nov. 28
Thanksgiving Friday……….….…Nov. 29
Christmas Day ……….…………Dec. 25
|Streets on the Westside of the Borough
BURHANS AVE. (Between Belmont & W. Brdwy)
GRAND SUMMIT AVE
JOHN ST (Between Lee Ave & Belmont Ave)
MORRISSEE AVE EXT
VAN DYKE AVE
WEST HALEDON AV
|Streets on the Eastside of the Borough
BURHANS AVE (Below Belmont Ave)
E. BARBOUR ST
JOHN ST. (Below Belmont Ave.)
JOHN RYLE AVE
NORTH 12TH ST
NORTH 13TH ST
NORTH 14TH ST
NORTH 15TH ST
NORTH 16TH ST
RICHARD SCOTT CT
W. CLINTON ST
Curbside pickup schedule:
East Side – Monday & Thursday
West Side – Tuesday & Friday
- Each household is limited to placement of three (3) receptacles per collection.
- Solid waste containers shall be strong, watertight, metal, plastic or fiberglass, with handles, holding not more than 32 gallons, with close fitting metal or plastic covers, which shall be kept in place. Containers shall have an opening of at least 20 inches
- Tightly closed plastic bags may also be used provided they are designed for waste disposal and have sufficient strength to maintain physical integrity when lifted by the top and shall have a capacity of not more than 30 gallons and they should be protected so as to prevent animals from gaining access to their contents.
- Containers cannot be placed at curbside before 4PM on the day prior to collections.
- Containers must be removed from the curb by 8PM the day of the collection.
- Garbage cans or plastic bags must be stored in the rear of the dwelling, business or commercial building.
- Garbage or recyclable materials not set out according to the rules and regulations of borough Ordinances will not be picked up and will be liable for a warning notice or a summons.
- Leaves– leaves must be raked or blown at curbside or placed in biodegradable bags sold at cost in the Municipal Clerk’s office. Schedule for pick-up will be made available in October.
- Grass – is also a recyclable item that can no longer be left at curbside for garbage collection. Alternatives are mulching, backyard composting or “cut and leave it”, a procedure Passaic County Office of Recycling & Natural Resources has mandated.
- Lawn contractors who maintain lawns in Haledon cannot leave grass clippings at curbside.
- Wood, lumber, and tree branches should be cut into 3ft. lengths and tied in small bundles no heavier than thirty-five (35) lbs. With limbs a maximum thickness of three (3) inches. Christmas trees are accepted without plastic covers.
- No building materials, cinderblock, sheetrock, earth or stone, etc. will be picked up.
- Appliances, stoves, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, microwave ovens, washers, dryers, hot water tanks and plumbing fixtures are not collected by the Borough. Call the Municipal Clerk’s office at 973-595-7766, ext. 103 for information on how to discard these items.
- Any tenant, occupant, landlord or property owner who needs removal of garbage, rubbish, furniture or debris left by tenants; or from basement, attic, yard, garage cleanouts must make arrangements for removal with a private hauler and be responsible for the performance and payment of this special arrangement.
When discarding furniture, rugs and mattresses, an effort should be made to contact a charitable organization to offer any furniture that is in good condition and/or buy appliances, rugs or mattresses from businesses that will remove the old item without charge. If the items are not in good condition and must be discarded, call the Municipal Clerks office at 973-595-7766, ext. 103
Area charitable organizations and telephone numbers:
Salvation Army – 973-742-1126
Goodwill Industries – 973-481-2300
Straight and Narrow – 973-345-6000
St. Paul’s Episcopal – 973-278-7900
Red, White and Blue – 973-278-6021